Echo Plus is a hands-free speaker you control with your voice, with a built-in Zigbee smart home hub. It connects to the Alexa Voice Service to play music from Amazon Music Unlimited (available in 30+ countries, separate subscription required) and TuneIn (Internet radio), ask questions, make calls or send messages to other compatible Echo devices or the Alexa App (requires iOS 9.0 or Android 5.0 or higher), and more. Just ask. You can also play music from your own collection or services on Echo Plus using Bluetooth from a compatible phone (without voice control).
Echo Plus has 360° room-filling sound powered by Dolby, with a 2.5" woofer and 0.8" tweeter, and can hear you from across the room from any direction. It is always getting smarter as Alexa continues to add additional features. With the built-in Zigbee smart home hub, connecting to compatible ZigBee smart home devices is easier than ever. Just ask “Alexa, discover my devices”, and Echo Plus will automatically discover and set up compatible smart lights and more, without the need for additional hubs or apps.
You can also control compatible smart home of devices including light bulbs, plugs, and more by enabling the manufacturer’s skill in the Alexa Skills Store, from a variety of brands. Use the Alexa App (from iOS or Android App stores, where available) to do even more with your Echo Plus. Skills have even more capabilities, such as allowing you to listen to news and control compatible smart home devices. Alexa also has many skills you can download and use. New skills are being added all the time, but availability and compatibility may vary by country.
Wi-fi connectivity: Dual-band Wi-Fi supports 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (2.4 and 5 GHz) networks. Does not support connecting to ad-hoc (or peer-to-peer) Wi-Fi networks.
ZigBee connectivity: Built-in ZigBee smart home hub supports ZigBee light bulbs and plugs
Bluetooth connectivity: Advanced Audio Distribution Profile (A2DP) support for audio streaming from your mobile device to Echo or from Echo to your Bluetooth speaker. Audio/Video Remote Control Profile (AVRCP) for voice control of connected mobile devices. Hands-free voice control is not supported for Mac OS X devices. Bluetooth speakers requiring PIN codes are not supported.
Warranty and service: 1-year limited warranty and service included
- Echo Plus is a simple way to start your smart home. It has a built-in ZigBee smart home hub, which allows for easy setup of compatible ZigBee lights, plugs, and more from compatible brands. No additional hub required.
- Echo Plus connects to Alexa, a cloud-based voice service, to play music, make calls, set timers and alarms, ask questions, provide information, check weather, manage to-do and shopping lists, and more
- Just ask to play music from Amazon Music Unlimited (available in 30+ countries, subscription required) and TuneIn. Connects to external speakers or headphones through Bluetooth or 3.5 mm stereo cable.
- Use Echo Plus as a Bluetooth speaker to play music from your own collection or other services (requires Bluetooth connection from a compatible device, voice control not supported)
- Hands-free calling or messaging with other Echo devices or the Alexa App. Also, quickly connect to other Echo devices in rooms throughout your home using just your voice (coming soon).
- Dual speakers with Dolby processing deliver crisp vocals and extended bass to fill the room with immersive, 360° audio
- With seven microphones, beam-forming technology and noise cancellation, Echo Plus hears you from any direction-even while music is playing
- Supported language: US English